Monday, January 19, 2009

Little thoughts in this big head of mine!

In my dad's sunday school class we are going through the book of Job. For those of you that don't know about his class it's a discussion class not a sit, be quiet listen to a guy read out of a sunday school book and leave class. We were reading the first chapter and somebody asked why would God pick Job to be the one the devil aka satan would release all of his hatred on? I listened to some thoughts and then in my big head a little thought sprang up from somewhere. For so long I have heard people teach that God picked Job because he was a faithful and good man. I have heard its because God knew he could handle it. But in my head I compared it to my life. I try to do my best to serve God in my life and I know I am connected with God but I can always do better, I can worship Him more faithfully, I can trust Him with decisions more, I can love Him more, and I can spend more time with Him. That is when this thought come to my head. God picked Job because he could get better. We grow stronger through trials. I heard a preacher say that the soil in the valley of your life is more fertile and better for growth than the rocky surface of the mountains. Job was put through these trials to make him a better servant.

Job started out in Job 1:21 by saying "The lord gives and He takes away, Blessed be the Name of the Lord' But he starts having a pity party for himself and finally God speaks and says in Job 38:4 "Where were you when I created the universe" He's saying who are you to question me? But here is what put this little thought in my head. In Job 42:5 Job says " I have always heard of You, but now I see You" This was it Job was being faithful because of all the things he had heard of God but now through the trials that God let satan put him through, Job is faithful because he can see God. Now he has a relationship with Him not just knowledge. God is great because he took what satan used to try to destroy Job's life to actually develop in Job a real relationship with God. I want a relationship with God not a head knowledge. I want to see him not just hear him. If your reading this and going through a trial right now remember the valley is more fertile for growth than the rocky surface of the mountain. Hope you like the little thoughts in my head. I am going to start every week posting with my blog the set list for our church. This is mostly for you attendees, so you can see what we will be singing and be ready to worship God. To be praying over the service and our Pastor. Just click the following address to view http://www.planningcenteronline.com/plans/469582/public.

1 comment:

Tony C said...

Great post. Now you're blogging! We want to read your take on things and agree or disagree in a respectful context.

It's also a wonderful idea posting the worship line up. Keep it up brother...I love you man!